Instagram seems to befuddle business owners of all sizes including some seasoned social media agencies.
by Kevin James Culp
From Mom & Pops who own a Home-Based Business Opportunity that need clicks from seriously interested buyers to a National Event Promoter that desires to expand revenue while branding and boosting advance ticket sales – all seem to have the same questions about Instagram.
Truth be told, with endless competition, your mission is clear, and your brand needs to find fresh ideas to stand out from the standard to be special. I want to help make your brand go from aspiration to operational in one blog post.
In this post: I want to help and answer the following Gram questions:
- How do I set up more than one Instagram account?
- How do I get traffic from my Grams?
- When should you Gram?
- How can I monetize my Grams?
- How can I make my Grams better?
Key facts to know about Instagram:
- Who owns Instagram? Facebook – they purchased the app in 2012 for an estimated $1,000,000,000
- In the US alone, there are 64 million active users, a figure that is projected to hit 111 million by 2019.
- According to comScore’s 2015 mobile trends report, Millennials spend upwards of 420 minutes a month on Instagram alone.
- Another report by Forrester Research found Instagram users were 58 times more likely to like, comment on or share a brand’s post were Facebook users, and 120 times more likely than were Twitter users.
- Instagram has more than 400 million active users around the world.
- Over five million businesses around the globe utilize Instagram to tell their story and grow their brand.
- Who is on profiting on Instagram right now? Your competition most likely along with A-listers, to Royalty to Rappers to companies branding wrapping paper. The amount of content is truly endless and that is one main reason you need to make your brand shine from the rest of the pack.
- 80% of all posts have hashtags
- 60 million photos have been updated with the hashtag #selfie and with the #metoo movement and many others have seen the power of the hashtag.
90% of users are under age of 35 68% of which are and 70% of all users check the app at least once a day. Who gets the most Celebrity followed? Taylor Swift. A fact that I’m sorry I now know lol. How is the most followed brand? Nike. More facts that you now know. You’re welcome.
Here are my top app selections to make your brand pop, get more followers than you thought possible, make your life easier, make your business more profitable, get traffic flowing, and I hope to answer most of your questions.
1. How do I set up more than one Instagram account?
You need more than one account for sure! If you have one account already, have no fear you can simply add another. step is to create a Feature account that will end up being your content house. All you need is an email address to get another account opened. Create one Gmail account and create one account per email on Instagram.
Tip: make your Gmail address the same as the account name that you want to open. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org will translate to I Set Up Your Business on Instagram. Then you have more than one account and a new home.
2. How do I get traffic from my Grams?
Use strong calls to action (in your bio, images, and comments).
A lot of companies are starting to post on Instagram. Unfortunately for them, they never tell people what to do or where to go!
3. What is the best time of day to Gram you ask?
To get the best results, you need to be using the WhenToPost app. It’s important to post Instagram content at a time when your audience is likely to be online. The WhenToPost app is an Instagram specific app that helps take some of the guesswork out of this process.
WhenToPost: Generates a heat map which tells you the best times to post your Instagram content – Provides a countdown to your next top time to share content – Shows a graph with the best times of the week to post to Instagram.
For more on when to share content, check out our guide to The Best Time to Post on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Free for iOS Free for Android
4. How can I monetize my Grams and increase revenue?
Have2Have.it is the answer in app form.
Let your followers discover. Your followers find something they want on your Instagram feed but have no way of easily purchasing it. Send them to the Have2Have. profile.
Make it easy for your followers to shop – The Have2Have.It link takes your followers to a shoppable, curated page that has the same look and as your brand’s Instagram feed.
They can now tap the images and discover the products they love. Increase revenue with higher conversions- Have2Have.it drives followers directly to your E-Commerce website to complete their purchase and discover more products.
A dashboard made for sellers like you – Manage everything in one place on desktop or mobile. Easily add posts to your Have2Have.it feed by tagging one or multiple products in the images on your dashboard. Make strategic social decisions based on the analytics Have2Have.it provides, as well as capture and export customer data.
5. How can I make my Grams better?
Then post niche content in each account that is highly specific to your topic.
CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT – Boomerang is my app of choice for this critical function. It lets you create engaging content with just one button. The tool shoots a burst of 10 photos and turns them into a short mini-video that loops back and forth, GIF-style.
You can share your Boomerang right from the app or save it to your camera roll to share another time. Boomerang gives marketers the opportunity to delight their audiences with a fun visual that deviates from a regular Instagram photo.
You can either use the standalone Boomerang or take a Boomerang from within the Instagram app. Free for iOS Free for Android
FINAL TIPS FOR YOUR GRAMMING PLEASURE:
- Strategies to Grow Your Business Using Instagram: Be Consistent – Connect It to Your Other Social Channels – Respond to Comments – Use Hashtags – Don’t Overlook Video – Crowdsource Your Images – Portray Your Brand’s Vibe – Measure Your Likes – And it’ll grow your account … FAST.
- Learn SFS (“share for share”). SFS is a tactic whereby you share and promote other partners work on your page.
- Use the Color Blue to Get More Likes! Seriously, images on Instagram that had blue as the dominant color got 24% more likes than other colors.
- Add and Switch Between Multiple Accounts – You can now add up to 5 Instagram accounts and quickly switch between them without having to log out and log back in. This is included version 7.15 for iOS and Android, available in the App Store and the Google Play Store. Learn more: